Notes Beforehand.

A certain amount of space has slowly been adopting a surface area within my mind to start to allow a journey into the deeper parts of the Self. To a place where unresolved emotion, memory, physical pain and the human condition have created a certain amount of blockage in present moment awareness that hinders the ability to relate in a perspective that is most positive, helpful and purposeful. This next journey into the Self has been chosen in balance to this very condition to gradually create the best possible environment to open, expand, empty...lighten...and simplify all that is needing to be heard within the body, mind and soul. Today acknowledges the start to a deeper perplexity of what it means to feel attachment to all things relating to the physical body and of the mind. Today begins the first 4 days of pre-fasting ritual to eliminate dietary food from the body for a total of 7 calendar days. The protocol is as follows:

[Remove all meat, dairy, alcohol & caffeine from diet]- do not apply

4 year Plant-Based Vegan Diet- the following schedule is recommended to slowly prepare the body for the removal of food:

1. Pre-fast, Day 1: Remove all processed & artificial foods, proteins, vinegars, kombucha
    *Encourage eating of high fiber foods such as beans, nuts, seeds
    *Can keep supplements, essential oils and herbal teas at this point

2. Pre-fast, Day 2: Remove all beans, nuts, seeds
    *Encourage eating of complex carbohydrates with less fiber, sweet potato, wild rice, oats

3. Pre-fast, Day 3: Remove all complex carbohydrates
    *Encourage eating of nutrient-dense vegetables

4. Pre-fast, Day 4: Remove all high nutrient vegetables, supplements and essential oils
   *Encourage eating high fat foods, avocado, coconut fat, oils
   *Perform oil-pulling + consumption

5. Pre-fast, Day 5: Remove all high fat foods
    *Encourage eating of whole fruits

6. Pre-fast, Day 6: Remove all solid foods
    *Encourage fresh & pure vegetable juice, fruit juice, herbal teas

7. Fasting Day 1-7: Water only
    *Consume 100% spring water, naturally alkaline, high in minerals, negative oxidative potential
    *Continue for desired time frame

Notes: due to the nature and timing of the fast the following pre-fast days can be combined:
Days 1 + 2
Days 3 + 4
Days 5 + 6

I am choosing to follow 4 full days of pre-fasting and will following this schedule:
Day 1
Day 2 + 3
Day 4 + 5
Day 6

Purpose, Meaning and Intent:
To open fully to the awareness of Presence; to feel Nothingness. To strip away want. To find Need. To become more Simple. To refrain from Escape [D.F.W.].

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I was just rethinking about this experience and came across some poems and morning writes that I did during this time in my journal exactly 1 year ago this week. Life took on a different meaning for me after this experience. I was emptied of absolutely everything I had attachments to (besides writing)....being completely alone with no food, no partner, no pet, no personal luxuries such as bathing/makeup/skin care/etc (I did keep AC upon my brotherʻs recommendation for mental comfort), no work or exercise or books, no social media...(I did watch a few inspiring movies in the middle of the nights when I could not fall asleep which is a common thing that happens when fasting)....it was absolutely life changing. It made me question my entire lifeʻs meaning to the effect that all I did was fill life up....constantly going, working, eating, moving, even in inspiration...I rarely let myself just do absolutely nothing. One of the hardest things physically was actually during the pre-fasting phase...I snuck a last minute lift in after I was supposed to stop and the last day before doing just water it felt like I had literally been hit by a truck- I could barely move...my body was so depleted that it had nothing left to recover my muscle...I was more sore than I had ever been in my life....but then gradually as I started drinking water and stopped moving completely my body felt the most clean I had ever felt in my life. The parallel was just incredible. From so filled up mentally, physically, emotionally, to being completely empty....I would not recommend this journey for just anyone because I think you absolutely get out of it what you go into it for. For you, experiencing something like this at some point in your life is a must- for your mind and your heart...itʻs a process unmatched. Itʻs a complete Present Moment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Become a "Light"er Traveler

Bus 142: Alaska Bound, Alaska Found

"The Vegan's 100 Food List"